a matter of perspective
This is a pic of the London Eye . It makes me think about perspective...and how different experiences are depending on where you are looking from.
This is a little-person-down-below view of an object that is itself supposed to be a vantage point for seeing the world beyond (well, city of London, anyway). So there's perspective, and then there's perspective. Yeah.
Thinking about my one-month mark (2 days from now) and how my perspective now is not necessarily what it will be in another month (or 12). Good to remember.
This is a little-person-down-below view of an object that is itself supposed to be a vantage point for seeing the world beyond (well, city of London, anyway). So there's perspective, and then there's perspective. Yeah.
Thinking about my one-month mark (2 days from now) and how my perspective now is not necessarily what it will be in another month (or 12). Good to remember.


2 Comments:
Perspective . . . something I am forced to reexamine on a regular basis. It is good that you are recording your observations as you go along. Because when you leave you will be amazed at how much that perspective has changed. You will be shocked to discover that "naff" was never part of your vocabulary in the old days, or that you haven't always ordered your chicken korma to take away, or god forbid that lamb and mint, and prawn cocktail crisps are nowhere to be found in Canada.
My perspective has changed and I haven't even noticed when half the time. I never recognized the point at which North American spelling conquered my writing. And I know there's a no difference between windsheild wipers and windscreen wipers, the bonnet and the hood, the trunk and the boot or the lift and the elevator. Yet it makes a difference. I've even forgotten when I started using one instead of the other. Or perhaps I use them interchangeably, and when I am faced with a blank stare I try the other one.
Just wait until you have reached the point where you no longer notice British accents or expressions. They float in and around you, creating hardly a stir on the surface of your consciousness. It's a fleeting moment, mind you. That point of perfect balance doesn't last long before you glide over to one side or the other.
So, Elizabeth, I would like to see a multimedia performance piece around the subject about mutating perspective. Perhaps you can present that to us when you get home.
zanipooh
it's a delirious photo... gives me a sense of vertigo
Post a Comment
<< Home