once upon tyne
This story was on both sides of a small tunnel in Newcastle, ground to ceiling. Stunning. Not the usual graffiti.
My trip to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne: I left later than I wanted to but caught the bus by running, only to be twice as long on the train due to a freight derailment. Changing trains, platforms, trains again...but it was still soothing moving through the grey/brown/green englishness, seeing flocks of sheep with their butts dyed (red, in this case).
Went to an art gallery and saw Victorian watercolours, pre-Raphaelite paintings and glass vases. Saw all the people shopping. Drank some newcastle brown in a quiet (!) and cavernous pub called "La Bodega" and read an American novel.
On the street someone said goodnight and asked me if I was married.
I saw a Japanese traveller synch his cell phones.
I came back to fireworks in the misty night, barrelling through the dark on a bus named Wilfreda Beehive.
My trip to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne: I left later than I wanted to but caught the bus by running, only to be twice as long on the train due to a freight derailment. Changing trains, platforms, trains again...but it was still soothing moving through the grey/brown/green englishness, seeing flocks of sheep with their butts dyed (red, in this case).
Went to an art gallery and saw Victorian watercolours, pre-Raphaelite paintings and glass vases. Saw all the people shopping. Drank some newcastle brown in a quiet (!) and cavernous pub called "La Bodega" and read an American novel.
On the street someone said goodnight and asked me if I was married.
I saw a Japanese traveller synch his cell phones.
I came back to fireworks in the misty night, barrelling through the dark on a bus named Wilfreda Beehive.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home